Did you recently buy an iPad or iPhone, or have you owned one for a while and want to learn more about the device and the latest options and features? Then this book is the right one for you.
Apple’s latest operating system iOS 10 has lots of new features which will make your iPhone or iPad an even more convenient device. For example, you can receive notifications from your apps, messages and news in the renewed Notification Center and respond to them directly right from there. The Messages app has been greatly enhanced as well. You can liven up your messages with animations, emojis and drawings.
This book shows you how to work with these new features and many standard apps on the iPad and iPhone are also covered. You will also learn how to quickly switch between apps, add new apps and delete the ones you no longer use. Voice assistant Siri answers your spoken questions and will seek information for you.
Almost everyone takes a photo once in a while with his iPhone or iPad. iOS 10 includes incredibly useful and fun ways to edit your photos. It is now possible to write on photos by hand, share them, magnify certain parts and add text blocks.
This book also deals with the topic music. You can transfer music from your PC to your iPad or iPhone, and listen to it whenever and wherever you want.
Learn how to:
- Use the iPad and iPhone
- Set up Touch ID and passcode
- Use the Notification Center
- Use the Control Center
- Use Email and SMS
- Use widgets
- Use apps
- Use Slide Over and Split View
- Use Siri and Spotlight
- Work with photos, video and music
All iPads and iPhones with iOS 10.
Quick Introduction to the iPad and iPhone is written using the acclaimed Visual Steps method. This method features the following:
- Content - the special needs and requirements of the beginning user with little or no technical background have been taken into account.
- Structure - self-paced, learn as you go. Proceed step by step with easy to follow instructions. What's more, the chapters are organized in such a way that you can skip a chapter or repeat another as desired.
- Illustrations - plentiful use of
screen illustrations to show you if you are on the right track.
- Layout - large sized book and large
print make it easy to read.
The Studio Visual Steps Authors
The Studio Visual Steps team of authors consists of different professionals, all thoroughly experienced in their subject field.