Welcome to Windows 10 for SENIORS
Studio Visual Steps
ISBN: 978 90 5905 451 6
Book type: Paperback, full color
Number of pages: 320
Table of contents - PDF file
Sample chapter - PDF file
Price: US $22.95 Canada $27.95
Windows 10 for Seniors is the ideal book for seniors who have worked with an earlier version of Windows on a desktop or laptop computer and want to get started right away with Windows 10. All of the most important topics are covered, such as using the Internet safely, sending and receiving email and working with files and folders. You will also learn how to organize and view photos and videos and listen to music in Windows 10.
Step by step, in your own tempo, you will get acquainted with the new and renewed programs in Windows 10. You will get familiar with the new Start menu and learn how to adjust the settings to make Windows 10 easier and more comfortable to work with.
The book contains additional exercises to repeat and reinforce everything you have learned. Instructional videos are also available on the website that accompanies this book. They explain how to perform specific tasks. In no time at all you will become comfortable and at ease with Windows 10!
The Windows 10 for Seniors book:
- encourages learning with an easy step-by-step approach
- has been tested by seniors
- is based upon practical experience
- focuses on acquiring practical skills
- gives detailed background information
- contains a convenient reference section
- contains an extensive index
- offers special help topics for do-it-yourself error correcting
- offers Bonus Online Chapters at the website accompanied with the book
Learn how to:
- get acquainted with Windows 10 step-by-step
- work with the new Start menu, desktop, folders and files
- send and receive email and surf the Internet
- work with photos and videos, listen to music
- adjust settings
- safeguard your computer
Windows 10 on a desktop computer or laptop
(also suitable for the Anniversary Update)
Viewing PDF files
How can I view the PDF files?
You can download, open, view or print these PDF files with the program called Adobe Reader. Most computers already have this software installed, but if yours does not, you can download Adobe Reader for free from the Adobe website. Learn how to download and install Adobe Reader on the following website: www.visualsteps.com/adobereader
Windows 10 for SENIORS is written using the acclaimed Visual Steps method. This method features the following:
- Content - the special needs and requirements of the beginning user with little or no technical background have been taken into account.
- Structure - self-paced, learn as you go. Proceed step by step with easy to follow instructions. What's more, the chapters are organized in such a way that you can skip a chapter or repeat another as desired.
- Illustrations - plentiful use of
screen illustrations to show you if you are on the right track.
- Layout - large sized book and large
print make it easy to read.
The Studio Visual Steps Authors
The Studio Visual Steps team of authors consists of different professionals, all thoroughly experienced in their subject field.