Welcome to Windows 10 for SENIORS for the Beginning Computer User
Studio Visual Steps
ISBN: 978 90 5905 461 5
Book type: Paperback, full color
Number of pages: 376
Table of contents - PDF file
Sample chapter - PDF file
Price: US $22.95 Canada $27.95
Windows 10 for Seniors for the Beginning Computer User is the ideal book for beginners and seniors. It is written especially for people with little technical knowhow or who have seldom or never used a computer before.
Right from the beginning you learn step by step how to turn the computer on and off and you will get acquainted with the mouse, keyboard, touchpad and other parts of the computer. You will learn how to open and close programs and work with files and folders. In your own tempo you will learn how to surf the Internet and use email. Later in the book we explain how to adjust settings that are important for a beginning computer user. These include adjusting the text size, changing the pointer style and the mouse’s double-click rate, among others.
The book also contains additional exercises to repeat and reinforce everything that you have learned and instructional videos are available on the website that goes with this book to explain how to perform specific tasks one step at a time. In short, this user-friendly book is a complete package and the ideal guide for the beginning computer user!
The Windows 10 for Seniors book:
- encourages learning with an easy step-by-step approach
- has been tested by seniors
- is based upon practical experience
- focuses on acquiring practical skills
- gives detailed background information
- contains a convenient reference section
- contains an extensive index
- offers special help topics for do-it-yourself error correcting
- offers Bonus Online Chapters at the website accompanied with the book
Learn how to:
- get acquainted with Windows 10 step by step
- work with the mouse, keyboard, touchpad or touchscreen
- send and receive email and surf the Internet
- work with files and folders
- basic instructions for working with photos, videos and music
- adjust settings
Windows 10 on a desktop computer or laptop
Also suitable for the Creators Update. You will find more information on the News page.
Viewing PDF files
How can I view the PDF files?
You can download, open, view or print these PDF files with the program called Adobe Reader. Most computers already have this software installed, but if yours does not, you can download Adobe Reader for free from the Adobe website. Learn how to download and install Adobe Reader on the following website: www.visualsteps.com/adobereader
Windows 10 for SENIORS for the Beginning Computer User is written using the acclaimed Visual Steps method. This method features the following:
- Content - the special needs and requirements of the beginning user with little or no technical background have been taken into account.
- Structure - self-paced, learn as you go. Proceed step by step with easy to follow instructions. What's more, the chapters are organized in such a way that you can skip a chapter or repeat another as desired.
- Illustrations - plentiful use of
screen illustrations to show you if you are on the right track.
- Layout - large sized book and large
print make it easy to read.
The Studio Visual Steps Authors
The Studio Visual Steps team of authors consists of different professionals, all thoroughly experienced in their subject field.